beginner woodworking – Veneering Techniques
Duration: 2 days. Starts at 9am and will finish at 4pm – (1/2 hr lunch).
New dates coming soon. Join our waitlist below to register your interest.
More 2024 dates coming soon. Join our waitlist to register your interest and stay informed of any vacancies and future dates.
Join Rob Fabris for this 2-day hands-on course suitable for beginners. You will learn the fundamentals of veneering and gain a comprehensive understanding of the materials, tools and techniques used in the veneering process.
- The benefits of using veneer
- Use of veneering tools & materials – saws, hammer, cutters, tape, glue, clamps.
- Cutting and joining veneer sheets – plain, quarter cut, rift-cut, book matching, slipmatching techniques to create different patterns
- Softening / flattening veneer
- Adhesives and pressing techniques
- Choice & preparation of substrates
- Basic bent lamination
- Repair and restore veneered surfaces
- Trimming and finishing
- Troubleshooting common problems
There will be handouts, but please also bring a notepad and pen.
We provide the eye and ear protection and disposable dust masks – but please bring your own if you have them. Please wear sensible footwear that completely covers the foot.
In 1996 Rob completed “Designing in Wood” at the Coles School of Woodcraft. Since 1998 his workshop has been located in Box Hill where he has been making bespoke furniture and teaching woodworking courses.
Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation email of your enrolment along with a paid in full tax invoice.
Cancellation: Course places are limited. If a course has to be cancelled due to insufficient enrolments, we will notify you and issue you with a full refund or arrange a transfer to another class.
- If you need to withdraw from a class, please notify us immediately.
- For withdrawal less than 3 weeks prior to the course and where the booking cannot be refilled OR failure to attend the course – NO refunds or transfers are allowed
GST: All prices include GST
$725 incl.gst (includes all materials)
Other short courses
Beginner – Side Table with Rob Fabris
Join Rob Fabris for this 4-day project-based course for beginners. A practical approach to basic woodworking taught in the process of making and finishing your own side table.
In this 1-day course for beginners, Remy Tramoy will introduce you to the process of box making using traditional techniques. At the end of the day you will have this beautiful handmade box to take home.
Join Master Restorer, Ben Hodgetts for this 1-day furniture restoration intensive. Bring along your own period or modern items/furniture and learn the techniques to bring them back to life