Beginner Woodworking – Make Your Own Side Table
$1,300.00 incl. GST
Join Rob Fabris for this four-day project-based introduction to furniture making course for beginners with a maximum of 6 students. Rob will introduce you to the fundamentals of joinery and woodwork through the process of making a small side table.
4 Spots left
Dates: Saturday/Sunday 6/7 & 13/14 April 2024 (two consecutive weekends)
Duration: This is a four-day course and is run over two consecutive weekends or four consecutive days during term breaks. It starts at 9am and over the course of the four days will finish between 4-6pm – (1/2 hr lunch).
Join Rob Fabris for this four-day, project-based, introduction to furniture making course for beginners with a maximum of 6 students. Rob will introduce you to the fundamentals of joinery and woodwork through the process of making a small side table. This will include:
- Introduction to Plans and Drawings
- Timber selection
- Demonstration of how to prepare and cut timber for use in the project.
- Learn how to measure and mark out.
- Sharpening and the benefits of using sharp tools.
- Use of saws, planes and chisels to complete your joinery.
- Use of hand planes to flatten and shape your components.
- Introduction to the usefulness of jigs (used to taper the legs, etc).
- Use and application of different glues
- Finishing techniques and the benefits of different finishes.
- Provide you with a list of suppliers for future purchase of supplies and tools.
The table is 320mm Wide x 320mm Long x 430mm High
No previous experience required.